- After knowing about remote work, youths expect this to be in every organization. They want to give their efforts in the organization with remote working. Also, they do not consider remote work as any perk. According to them, remote work is just like any other regular system of a company.
- A recent study by Upwork found that 63% of companies worldwide now have remote workers. Also, the percentage is growing.
- Another study revealed that 70% of people globally work away from the office at least once every week (Source: Forbes)
- AT&T saved $30 million in real estate by offering remote work options. Similarly, Dell expects to save $12 million on office space expenses via its remote work program.
The digital age has brought a lot of transformations in the workplace. From digital marketing to 3D printing, it has come a long way. Remote work is one of them. Today, most of the successful companies encourage remote work. A recent study by Upwork found that 63% of companies now have remote workers. In a remote working system, people can work wherever they feel like, unlike in traditional office boundaries.
The recent pandemic of COVID-19 has increased the importance of remote work than ever. Every organization is adopting it to sustain in the market.
Another study revealed that 70% of people globally work away from the office at least once every week (Source: Forbes). Remote work plays a crucial role in a better work-life balance. Also, it offers flexibility. Likewise, there is an option to work remotely. It will weigh heavily in attracting and retaining talent. So, organizations need to develop more formal work-from-home policies.
Forbes predicted that in the future, more than half of the employees might work remotely. Gallup backs this up. It has found that almost half of Americans already spend at least a few hours a week working remotely. The number is dramatically higher than just five years ago.
Over a third of the American workforce alone does at least some contract work. The work is either as a sole source of income or in addition to a “day job.” It shows that remote working is rising gradually. And, something does not keep going on and above, unless it’s beneficial. The rise in remote work nowadays has made it almost clear that this facility to employees is very likely to retain. It is not just a trend.
ADVANTAGES OF REMOTE WORK FOR A COMPANY
- Company can hire the best employee
Remote work is a flexible work option. It allows the company to hire the best candidate for the job. There are many reasons when a person cannot work in a particular company, even when he or she wants to. One of the reasons is the location.
A person can be the best employee for a post. But still, just because the office is far, he or she cannot work there. It is hard to find the absolute best person for a role. So, when a person cannot work because of the location, it is a loss for the company.
- Increase in diversity
When there is a compulsion to work within the office boundary, the company will mostly have people from the same geography. But, in contrast to this, if a company adopts remote work, they will hire the best ones from various geographies. Expanding into other locations diversifies thoughts and opinions. Also, it brings more and more innovation. Hence, it ultimately results in the profit of any business.
- Increase in productivity
With the freedom to take control of their time, employees can complete their tasks happily and healthily. They want to give their efforts in the organization with remote working.
Getting talented employees is no less than a war in today’s business. So, companies need to focus on flexibility. Also, companies should help in maintaining the work-life balance of employees. Hence, remote work can achieve the best talent pool by attracting them with such transformations.
- Saves cost
Global Workplace Analytics found that just by allowing remote working, businesses can save up to $11,000 per employee every year. AT&T saved $30 million in real estate by offering remote work options. Similarly, Dell expects to save $12 million on office space expenses as its remote work program.
- Employee satisfaction
Younger generations nowadays are always updated on what is going on in the business transformation. They are always looking for an easy and effective alternative. After knowing about remote work, youths expect this to be in every organization.
98% of employees, who work remotely, want to continue remote work (Source: Buffer’s State of Remote Work in 2020 report). Also, youths do not consider remote work as a perk. According to them, remote work is just like any other regular system of a company.
ADVANTAGES OF REMOTE WORK FOR EMPLOYEES
The benefit of remote work is not one-sided. The employees also get many perks from it. Some advantages of remote working for employees are:
- Employees can have a flexible schedule.
- Employees can work from anywhere, anytime.
- Employees do not need to commute.
- Employees can save time. They do not have to get ready for office. Also, there is no need to travel from home to office and vice-versa.
- Employees can have a better work-life balance.